Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Arrival (Picture explosion)

On March 8, our baby boy arrived! Benjamin Jedediah Johnson. I was induced because of the Heparin that I was on so Mike and I went in at 8am and got ready for the new addition to our family to join us. The labor wasn't too long. It took them a while to get my IV in for the Pitocen because my veins just don't like to be found. I started on Pitocen about 10am and things were slowly progressing. I told Mike to get some lunch for himself around 1 and in that time my Dr. came in and checked me, broke my water and I got the epidural. From there is progressed pretty quickly and the doctor said he thought I would have the baby around 4:00-5:00. We got to about that time and Ben just would not move down so they had to keep repositioning me which took a good two hours. Finally I was able to push and then we met our sweet little boy.
Benjamin Jedediah Johnson
8 lbs 3 oz
21 inches
7:09 pm
 
After, I scarfed down as much food as I could since I was starving and hadn't eaten in 12 hours, while they cleaned up Ben. Mike's family all came to meet him and then from there we went up and got comfortable in the recovery room. We've learned in our years that the first night is the easiest, so we quickly tried to go to sleep so we could catch up as much as possible.
We came home on Sunday morning and got comfortable at home!
He has been such a dream and I love to just watch him. He looks like Allyson to me but also has Mike's nose (of course) and forehead so he looks definitely like our family.
I know pictures are all pretty much the same in that first little bit but I have taken a bunch.


















 We did a little St. Patricks Day craft too.

 
 

2 comments:

  1. love my new nephew! i can't wait to get you the pictures from last saturday. Michelle is helping me with some editing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! and Congratulations!!! He's so handsome!

    ReplyDelete