Friday, July 11, 2014

We're back!!!

 
So I figured since we've moved so far away from family and friends, I would go back to updating our blog. Plus, I am so overwhelmed by the amount of pictures that I have that I thought maybe it would help me organize them so I can eventually transfer them into a book. I only have 2 done. Only 6 more to go to get caught up. It's daunting.
 
So anyway. I am just going to start back up with what has been on my phone for the last 4 or so months.
 
Life has gone crazy recently. Mike and I started talking about moving out of state last year. We knew that in order to have a good quality of life, we just couldn't afford to stay in Southern California. Mike tried looking for new jobs where we were because we really loved where we lived but there just was nothing. So we started looking out of state...particularly Texas. We had heard so many good things about Texas. The economy, the community, the housing and cost of living prices. So we decided to go for it. We enlisted his older sister to help out with the resume and application process as she had moved across the country to find a new job so we felt like she could be a good help.
 
In March, Mike got an interview in Texas. They flew him out for the interview and then a whole month later, we got the word that he was offered the job with the North Central Texas Council of Governments. We were ecstatic but a little freaked out that it happened so quickly. We started the process of getting some things fixed up in our home and then put it on the market and within a week we got a full price offer.
Rachel watched the girls for a weekend while Mike and I took Ben to Texas to look for a place to live, which we found while we were there.
Luckily the company that hired Mike was very flexible and let him start after Emily finished school so I (stupidly--but it was worth it) threw the girls a birthday party the week before we moved and we packed up our stuff and two days after Emily's last day of school, we moved our stuff out of our condo that we loved and neighborhood that we were going to miss dearly. We had been in our ward since we got married so we were sad to leave but had a great turn out of guys come help us fit all of our stuff into our ABF trailer. It was all very surreal.
Then we stayed at Mike's parents house for about 5 days while we got some last minute things taken care of and took one last trip to Disneyland! Then we headed out for the 2 day drive to Texas!
Now we're here, we're adjusting and looking forward to our future as Texans!
I will update a bunch of pictures soon and keep everyone in the loop!
 
(Which means we need more blog posts from Rachel and Michelle!)

No comments:

Post a Comment